Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Injury

Well, I guess it's inevitable. Eventually I would have to go through an injury with Pugley. It's nothing serious, but still upsets me. Yesterday he broke a claw completely off. All the way down to the quick. His little quick is exposed and causing him a lot of pain. I'm not even sure how he did it! We have gooming day every sunday. Every sunday Pugley gets a bath, get's his claws trimmed, gets his little nose roll cleaned out, and I clean his ears. Religiously! I may miss Mass a time or two, but Pugley grooming day is never omitted! Anyway, I know that it happened outside 'cause our back porch has blood everywhere. Pugley was sitting in my husbands lap watching tv, then when Pugley hopped down, my husband noticed blood all over his shirt. He was like, "Pugley's bleeding"...I was like, "WHAT? WHERE? OH MY GOSH...COME HERE BABY!" Just like I do with my son, I go into hysterical mode. I picked Pugley and examined him, noticed it was coming from his foot. So I had my husband help me hold Pugley down, and I saw that his claw was completely gone. I hollered for my son to get me a wet wash cloth. We cleaned him up and held pressure on it until the bleeding stopped. Pugley then layed on me for about an hour. Then it was bed time. I figured getting him into his crate and letting him get all cozied up and getting some rest would be good for him. So then I get up and let him out this morning. He wouldn't even walk on his foot. Even when he sat on the ground, he wouldn't let his foot touch the floor. So I kept an eye on him. Well, every so often, he'd moan. Then he'd whimper. Then he'd moan. I couldn't take it. I had to be at work at 9am and knew I'd be worthless there wondering if my baby was at home crying and hurting. So I called work and told them I was taking him to the vet. The vet cut his fur away from around the area. Then he gave him a shot of antibiotics and two shots of pain medicine. He said that since it was so exposed, there's a chance he could get infected, so it was a good thing that I brought him in. Plus, he was obviously in pain, and I was so glad that they gave him some medicine for that. So then I took Pugley back home, and went on to work. (After asking if there were any side effects that he might have due to the meds. I didn't want to leave him at home if he was going to have side effects. The vet said no. So then I went on to work) Well, I got home 45 minutes ago, and I'm happy to report that he seems to be in better spirits, but he still looks so sad. That's what breaks my heart, is seeing how sad he looks. At least he doesn't look like he's in pain, like this morning. That was aweful! Well, that's all I'm going to do today on the blog. I want to go hang out on the couch with Pugley and comfort him. My son will be home soon, and we'll all just hang out and watch tv. (After homework of course!) Tomorrow I will take pictures and show ya. I just don't want to put him through a photo shoot today.

::PawsOut::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home