Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Fool's!

OK, so of course yesterday's post was an April Fool's joke. I cannot live with out my snorting little booger! That's what I love about him! LOL That picture of the St Bernard isn't even mine. I got it off yahoo. HaHa Well, things are going to be VERY hectic around here for a while. My little guy (my 7 year old son) broke his leg lastnight. It was his femur (big thigh bone). He broke it completely in half. Had to have surgery and is in a cast from his chest down to his toes! The only thing that is not in a cast is his arms, and head. It's soooo sad. And they have him in a laying down position. The surgeon says he'll be like this for 2-3 months! I don't know what's going to happen with my job. I'm going to have to go in tomorrow and tell them I need 3 months off, or I'm going to have to quit. My son can't even go to the bathroom on his own. Heck, he can't do ANYTHING on his own. The surgeon said its going to be like having a one year old all over again. Please keep us in your thoughts as this is going to be tiring for me and for him. We spent the whole night in the hospital and most of today. I only had about 2 hours of sleep, and I'm worn out! Good new is...Pugley spent almost 24 hours in the house by himself and didn't make a mess. I think he tinkled a little on his bed, but nothing major. I'm so proud of him. I know that was a long time. But there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't planning on being in the hospital ALL night. I did get a new digital picture and I will post a pic of my little guy in his cast tomorrow. Too tired to mess with pictures today.

::PawsOut::

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM , Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

:o( OMG I am so sorry! I have a 7 year and I can't imagine her being in a cast from chest to toe! she is a busy girl.How did he do it? Is he still in the hospital? I wish you and your son get well wishes. as for you resting your knee there goes that idea! wow I wish we lived closer to give you a helping hand. Poor lil Guy. at least you both have Pugley to take your mind off the chaos........I five to you Pugley for taking care of the homestead while the family was out!

 
At 5:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,good morning.I know what you are going through we had the same with our child and to make matters worse the nurse had the doctor call child services because this was such a bad break they wanted to make sure there was no abuse.Anyway,it is going to be hard on you and take all your time and patience but they heal and are able to walk pretty much the same week they get the cast off.Please e-mail me if you need any help or my wife for any tips,we wish your son a speedy recovery.ep2121@yahoo.com

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

I sure hope he heals quickly and you get some relief, too. I feel like Willow belle's mom and wish there was some way I could help you. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Let us know how he's doing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home