Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Making Progress

I am happy to announce that Pugley is being weened from his crate. He has spent 3 nights in the house not sleeping his crate. He is however, baby gated into the kitchen for his own protection. We are "electronic" people and have power cords and stuff all over a corner in our living room. I'd hate for him to get into that while we were sleeping. But I put his bed and his toy box in the kitchen and he has slept in there 3 nights in a row without any potty accidents. I'm SOOOO excited. I even left for work yesterday and left him in the kitchen...No potty accidents when I got home! Yippee! I got a promotion at work and starting May, I will be working full time. (I only work part time right now, and have Mondays off) I was thinking to myself...Pugley is going to have to be weened from his crate. There is no way I'm leaving him in his crate for 9 hours while I'm at work, and then turn around and leave him in there for 7-8 more hours while we're all sleeping. TOO MUCH TIME IN THE CRATE! That's close to animal abuse! :) (I know some people have to do that, and I'm not saying your abusing your pet. I understand the need for crates) Having him be in the kitchen was a risk also since my kitchen is part carpet. I don't have any room in the house that doesn't have carpet except for the bathroom. And there is always too much for him to get into in there! He loves those QTips! LOL
Anyway, I wanted to share our Progress with all of our blogging friends! Wish us luck that this potty training will stay this way. He never has problems during the day while we're home/awake. But I was always to scared to try it at night/while we were gone. My whole house has brand new carpet. But thank goodness...he seems to get the idea!
::PawsOut::

1 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

yeah! No more crate! I too feel the same way about long hours in a crate but know it is necessary in some surcomstances. Now that Willow is being weened away from her crate I feel bad leaving her alone in the house...tee hee hee the other say I left her out of her crate while I had to run an errand.....I came back home snuck onto the porch and peeked into the window to catch a glance of her in action....you know she was sound asleep on the back of the couch. kind of funny me sneeking and snooping on Willow....as for the potty training thing...I am sure it will go smoothly..maybe leave a potty pad on the days you know you'll be gone a long time? This works for us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home